as of 11/1/2021
You have to wear a mouth and nose cover in the entire pedestrian zone.
aachen tourist service e.v.
- Due to the current regulations regarding the coronavirus, we have to cancel all our public guided tours.
- The number of participants per private guided tour is limited to 9. All participants have to live in one household.
- Participants and the guide have to wear a mouth and nose cover during the whole tour.
- You have to maintain a distance of minimum 1.5 meters.
- Please note that our guided tours can be cancelled in short notice due to changes of the Corona pandemic.
- From 2/11/2020 the Tourist Info Elisenbrunnen will be closed until further notice.
- Our Service Centre can still be reached from Mon. – Fri. from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at +49 241 18029-50 or email@example.com.
- Please note that we require all cancellations in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodation in Germany will only be provided for necessary and expressly non-touristic purposes until 31/1/2021.
- Information for persons from risk areas you find here.
- Coach tours are forbidden.
- The public city tour will not take place until the end of January.
- Catering establishments and bars, clubs, discotheques, pubs and similar establishments are closed until 31/1/2021. Exceptions are the delivery and collection of take-away food for consumption at home and the operation of canteens.
- The Retail trade is closed until 31/1/2021. The food retail trade and drugstores are opened.
- Customers are obliged to wear a mouth and nose cover in accordance with the Corona Protection Ordinance.
Sights & Museums
- Since 3/5/2020 public services are again celebrated in Aachen Cathedral, taking into account numerous safety and hygiene measures.
- There are no guided tours of the cathedral until 31/01/2021.
- The Aachen Cathedral Treasury is closed until 31/01/2021.
Rathaus Aachen (Town Hall)
- The Town Hall is closed until 31/1/2021.
- All museums are closed until 31/1/2021.
Further cultural and leisure facilities
- Institutions and facilities which are to be allocated to leisure activities will be closed until 31/1/2021.
- Major events are prohibited until at least 31/1/2021.
- At public events, cultural events, performances and concerts indoor and outdoor you have to maintain a distance of minimum 2 meters.
- The audience has to wear a mouth and nose cover also on the seats.
- Alcoholic drinks are forbidden.
- Singing along during musical contributions are not allowed.
Local public transport
Please visit www.aseag.de to find out about the current situation in public transport.
Border triangle (Germany/Belgium/Netherlands)
- Since 30/9/20 Belgium and most parts of the Netherlands belong to the risk area.
- The dutch and Belgian gastronomy are closed until further notice. It is possible to pick up food.
- The Dutch retail trade is closed until 19/1/2021. Drugstores and the food retail trade are opened.
- Dutch hotels are opened for business guests only.
- The Belgian retail trade is opened.
- The Vennbahn-cycle track is open again.
- Bus tickets for the Arriva bus to Maastricht are currently only available online via www.arriva.nl